Site Planning (CAD) Designer
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for providing mechanics for new equipment room layouts in customer facilities. May work independently or in conjunction with Installation Specialists. Make required calculations to establish acceptable standards of performance, material/component selection, and type of construction. Works from specifications as to product requirements. Provides design solutions that meet standards for reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and customer requirements.
- Produce drawings, layouts, and diagrams from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, design concepts, and verbal instructions.
- Work with Installation Specialists and Project Managers of Installation to capture and produce a design that captures all product requirements for either new or existing equipment installations.
- Use computer assisted design and drafting equipment and software to develop designs. (AutoCAD)
- Establish design standards, procedures and techniques to produce high reliability products (e.g., Design for Manufacturability, Design for Testability).
- Verify that all drawings convey accurate information.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is complete such as engineering prints, bills of materials, and related product specifications to allow successful transfer to service.
- Work directly with different business functions and team members to meet serviceability, functional, and time requirements.
- Comply with EHS regulations and policies.
- Fluent English
- Associate degree in Electronics or a technical degree from a recognized CAD training facility
- Demonstrated computer skill in both Microsoft Office and with Computer Assisted Design software and equipment.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities using analytical skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills for presenting, discussing, and documenting technical information.
- High computer skills: AutoCAD, Excel, MS-Office, Oracle
- Team working skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter into an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Drafting, or a related field and some relevant design experience.
- Experience working with cross functional team